07 February 2008

Knitters Unite!

There are a lot of knitters out there. The more I browse the web, the more avenues I find opening up that involve knitters - oodles of websites for yarn, patterns, supplies; blog sites everywhere; meeting sites. I have joined up with a few of the meeting sites, although I have yet to actually GO to a meeting - they always fall on a Wednesday night (yoga) or on the weekend (honey-pie time!), so I am unable to make it. Maybe I should organize a meeting - mmmm, that could be a good idea. There is a group called the OC PubKnitters that meet at a bar on Wednesday evenings from 7 - 10pm. I love the idea of sitting with a pint and a bunch of knitters chatting about yarn - sounds like bliss! I should go and meet everyone first - I'll go after yoga next week. I let you know how that goes.
Stitch n Bitch groups are all over the world. I joined up with the one in London, so next time I'm home I'd like to go meet some UK knitters. On the London website they joined together and made a super long scarf for one of the lions at Trafalgar Square! How great is that?!!!

I think one of my favourite sites, for great patterns and chat, is www.knitty.com. There is always something new and fantastic to read, and the patterns are fabulous and creative. 


I'll leave you with a couple of beautiful flowers from Mum's garden that BW took last summer.
Toodle pip.

No comments: