11 January 2008

TGIF!

I like to get into the office at least half an hour earlier than I need to. I get a little time of peace before everyone else gets here. This is MY time. I get to do some knitting, catch up on emails, write letters - it's fabulous.
Went for a mini hike up to the water tower when I got home last night. I am seriously out of shape. Really would like to lose 15 - 20lbs. I know that seems a lot, but if I can stick to doing something everyday - hike, walk, yoga, gym - I can do it. Cutting out the cocktails has to help, too. We were getting a little over-excessive there for a while.
After the hike I had a small salad, B finished off the shepherd's pie. We settled in to watch Stardust. What a fantastic movie!
All star cast - Michelle Pfeiffer, Robert DeNiro, Claire Danes - total fantasy film, but funny and really well done. Loved it. Five stars.

Santa got me this fabulous camera for Christmas this year. I really need to take a photo of the camera because it's so pretty & orange! I'm still trying to figure out all of the features, but when we were in Ohio (over the holidays) we went to the conservatory and I took some close-ups of a couple of orchids - they came out fabulously. Here's an example...
Amazing, isn't it?

I finished one of my orange/yellow socks last night - adorable! I will start #2 in  a minute before I start work today. I'd really like to wear them for the hike on Sunday - mmmm...

That's all for now
Ta Ta

No comments: